Terms of service
As a provider of web hosting services and domains, we must comply with certain laws and regulations. U42 espouses ethical business practices and expects users, customers, affiliates and others to adhere to such standards.
While we strive to provide users with the discretion to post on their website any content they desire, we must also balance that desire with the community we serve, the public, and the laws where U42 does business and the regulations therein.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to suspend or terminate any site hosted for any reason, including but not limited to, your violation of any laws, the terms and conditions of this Acceptable Use Policy or the terms and conditions contained in your web hosting agreement with U42, which is hereby incorporated by reference.
The Acceptable Use Policy below describes certain actions relating to the content and operation of your website which U42 considers to be inappropriate and thus prohibited. The examples identified in this list are merely provided as examples only for guidance purposes. If you are unsure whether any contemplated use or action is permitted, please contact us. Our right to remove, suspend or terminate any site hosted by U42 for inappropriate content under this policy shall not place an obligation on us to monitor or exert editorial control over any customer website.
Actions which we consider inappropriate and grounds for suspension or termination of your account include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Using your website to sell any goods or services that are unlawful in the location at which the content is posted or received or the goods or services delivered.
- Using your website to post any content that is obscene, lewd, lascivious, and pornographic, contains nudity or sexual acts, excessively violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable.
- Using your website to post any content that advocates, promotes or otherwise encourages violence against governments, organizations, groups or individuals or which provides instruction, information, or assistance in causing or carrying out such violence.
- Using your website to post any content that holds us including our affiliates, employees or shareholders up to public scorn or ridicule or would in any way damage or impair U42`s reputation or goodwill.
- Using your website to post any content that violates any copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other intellectual property rights of others.
- Failing to obtain all required permissions when using your website to receive, upload, download, display, distribute, or execute programs or perform other works protected by intellectual property laws including copyright and patent laws.
- Deleting or altering author attributes, copyright notices, or other copyright management information, unless expressly permitted in writing by the author or owner.
- Using your website in a tortuous manner, including the posting of libelous, defamatory, scandalous, threatening, harassing or private information without the permission of the person(s) involved, or posting content that is likely to cause emotional distress.
- Introducing malicious code like phishing scripts, viruses, worms, trojan horses, or other harmful code on the Internet; or any other act or omission that U42 in their sole discretion determines to be unacceptable, irrespective of whether such act is reasonable.
Use of services, your own or others to cause denial of service attacks against us or other network hosts, Internet users or to otherwise degrade or impair the operation of our servers and facilities or the servers and facilities of other network hosts or Internet Users.
While our shared services are suitable for the bulk of our customers, there comes a time for some websites when they are better suited for a larger plan, which allows for more dedicated CPU and memory resources. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to discontinue service to any customer with a website or hosted data that uses a resource consumption considered abusive when it is evident that the "fair-use" of shared resources of the server's CPU has been breached. This means if your website is considered to be "abusive" in terms of CPU and memory usage, we reserve the right to take your site offline. If this becomes necessary, you can either upgrade your hosting package, or request a refund of the amounts you have paid in advance for the services. Due to the severity of this action, and our ability to act quickly to rectify these situations to avoid server issues, we will do everything reasonably feasible to provide you with a prior warning to taking your site offline, but we accept no obligation to do so.
- Post messages, images, or any other item as well as using a poorly coded application that consumes excessive CPU time or storage space. Utilize our services to offer mail services, mail forwarding capabilities, POP accounts, auto responders or similar goods or services other than for your own account.
- Utilize the Services to resell access to CGI scripts installed on our servers.
- U42 Data Processing leases products to individuals and companies. The resale of these products to others is strictly prohibited and will result in the cancelling of services or subscription.
- Utilize the services to subvert, or assist others in subverting, the security or integrity of any of our systems, facilities or equipment.
- Utilize services to gain unauthorized access to the computer networks of us or any other entity or person.
- Utilize the services to provide passwords or access codes to persons not authorized to receive such materials by the operator of the system requiring the password or access code.
- Utilize the services to 1) forge the signature or other identifying mark or code of any other person, 2) impersonate or assume the identity of any other person, or 3) engage in any other activity, including but not limited to, spoofing, to attempt to deceive or mislead other persons regarding the true identity of the User.
- Utilize the services to conduct port scans or other invasive procedures against any server (except any server for which User is an authorized system administrator.
- Utilize the Services in any other manner to interrupt or interfere with the Internet usage of other persons.
Changes to the Acceptable Use Policy
We may revise at our sole discretion this Acceptable Use Policy without prior notice. Any such changes shall be posted by U42 on its Website (www.nbol.ca). You shall be responsible for periodically reviewing the online Acceptable Use Policy to apprise yourself of any changes thereto. With regard to online streaming of music, Ugroove.se, .me etc. is completely legal to use, we host no files or content on our servers, all media is linked or sourced through a third party. Our music engine is powered by Third Parties. By using our service, you recognize that we are not responsible for any acts of infringement that may occur between Third Parties, copyright owners, and the end user. You will agree to use our service lawfully and in good faith, and report any instances in which you believe a copyright has been infringed. We reserve the right to terminate accounts/access to users deemed to be abusive or who violate our terms of service.
If you're an artist who believes their copyright has been infringed, please contact the appropriate third party source. You agree to be bound by all such changes.